This stallion breeding contract for the breeding season of 2010
Is made and entered into this day____________. Is by and between Oak View Ranch.
breeder and___________________________designated mare owner. Mare owner agrees to breed the_______________________________. Registered number_________________________.
The stallion Tees Legacy reg #900874
Stud fee is $500.00
LIVE FOAL GUARANTEE
1. The stallion fee includes a non-refundable booking fee of $250.00 Payable with this contract, the balance of which must be paid with all other expenses when mare is picked up or when mare owner is invoiced, whichever is first. Invoices are payable upon receipt. Mare owner may not remove mare from Breeder's possession until all expenses are paid in full.
2. At the time of breeding 50% $250.00 of the stud fee must be paid. Within 90 days, said mare should be Vet checked and if pronounced "safe in foal" remaining balance is due.
When expenses/mare care expenses/stud fees/vet bills are paid in full, breeder's certificate will be distributed. If mare should miscarry, abort, or prove barren after leaving the breeder's mare has the privilege to return her for breeding during the current breeding season, February through July of the following year. If mare does not settle within 90 days, the original down payment of $250.00 will refunded.
3. It is further agreed that should the stallion die, be sold by the owner, or become unfit for service paid to settling the mare, that the original down payment of $250.00 of the breeding fee will be refunded, if it has been paid in full, thereby canceling this entire contract, or if mare dies or becomes unfit to breed before being pronounced safe in foal, the breeder has the option to accept another mare,
4. Breeder agrees to provide suitable facilities for the care and feed of the mare and/or foal while in the custody. Mae owner agrees to pay for care and feed at the rate of $7.00 per day, for dry mares, and $9.00 a day for wet mares. If mare owner provides grain/hay, discount will be given.
All mare care fees are to be paid in full before mare can leave the premise.
5. Breeder will exercise judgement consistent with recognized standards in care and supervision of mare and / or foal. Breeder assumes responsibility for arranging veterinarian and furrier services as necessary. Breeder's veterinarian will examine mare for normal breeding conditions and administer medical care as deemed necessary for the health and safety of mare and/ or foal. All veterinarian and furrier expenses will be paid by mare owner before mare is removed from breeder's possession.
6. MARES THAT ARE NOT HALTER BROKEN WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Mares back shoes must be removed.
7. The mare shall be in a healthy and sound breeding condition, free from infectious, contagious or transmissible diseases. A current negative Coggins Test, photocopy of registration paper, plus a health, worming and immunization record must accompany mare. If they do not, breeder's veterinarian examine and / or test mare at mare owner's expense. Breeder reserves the right to refuse mare if not in satisfactory condition. If mare is refused, the booking fee shall constitute liquidated damages.
8. Breeder agrees to diligently try to settle mare: however, if mare fails to settle, for any reason, Mare owner will hold breeder blameless. Mare owner agrees to give breeder ample opportunity to settle mare.
9. This contract contains a "Live Foal Guarantee" A live foal is described as a newborn foal which stands and nurses without assistance. If foal is born dead, there are return privileges for the season only if breeder is notified within 14 days and receives a veterinarians statement confirming death.
10. Both parties agree that Oak View Ranch (Farm) Christopher and Linda Froncone, the breeder
and the employees are not liable for death, sickness and or accident including consequence damages caused to the mare and of foal unless such death, sickness and or accident was by willful and wanton negligence of the breeder" and the mare owner is not liable for death, sickness, and or accident consequential damages caused to the stallion.
11. This contract is non-assignable and non-transferable. Breeder strongly recommends requires that mare owner carry full insurance on mare and or foal.
12. This contract is entered into the State of California, and will be interpreted and enforced under the laws of the state.
13. Additional conditions should be individually imitated by each party.
14. This contract represents the entire agreement between parties. No other agreements or promises verbal or implied, are included unless specifically stated in this written contract.
When Mare Owner and Breeder sign this Contract, it will then be binding on both parties, subject to the terms and conditions.
Mare Owner's Signature______________________________________Date___________________